DescriptionIn the first two steps we created an Ubuntu 13.10 virtual machine in an Apache CloudStack virtual environment.
Now we will see how to make a second virtual machine from a template made from the first one.
Note : Steps one through three have been done in a pay-by-the-hour CloudStack virtual machine environment. This is completely optional However, you will certainly want multiple machines, virtual or physical, for steps four through nine.
Here's the video:
- Stop using the built-in console. Get the IP address and connect via SSH
- Make sure our virtual server is fully up-to-date using these apt-get commands
- Stop the server in order to use its disk.
- Got to the "Storage" area, find the disk and start creating a template.
- Create a new instance of the VM, and call it SaltMinion.
- Get the new machine's IP address
- Log in to it using SSH.
An overview of all the steps of this series is available here: